British Club, 1902-03
Early football in Mexico was essentially a British affair. The teams that contested the first league competition in 1902-03 were almost exclusively English and Scottish in composition.
One of the clubs in particular left no doubts about the members' origins, British Football Club Ciudad de México.
The club itself (Club Británico) had been founded in 1899, but the football section came into being in 1902.
The club represented an ideal of good manners and gentlemanly conduct, and wore eye catching chocolate brown jerseys.
The Primera Fuerza was first contested in 1902-03, and British Club finished 3rd (out of 5). They won their only league title in 1907-08.
In 1910–11 they won the Copa Tower, a precursor of the Copa México (named after the donor of the cup, the British Ambassador Reginald Tower).
British Club went into decline, struggling to make a full team for matches in the 1911-12 season. The club folded and a number of British Club players went on to form The Rovers via a merger with the short lived Popo Park FC.